To change the default Template for the Site (Front-end) or Administrator (Back-end), follow these steps.
- Log in to the Administrator (Backend)
- Click on: Extensions → Templates
- You will now see the Template Manager screen.
From here you manage your templates for Front-end and Back-end. The default view shows your installed Front-end templates styles. The default style for the Front-end is marked with a star; in the image below it is protostar - Default. To change the default style to JoonextPro:
- click the checkbox left from the style name to select it;
- click "Default" on the toolbar;
The star changes from protostar to JoonextPro and you are done. Alternatively, you can click on the shadow of a template's default star to quickly set the template as default.
You can use the filter drop downs on the top of the filter search to limit the number of templates shown in the list of templates. Other options are:
- edit - edit the options and Menu Assignment a template is shown on (see below)
- duplicate - duplicate the style of the template
- delete - delete a template style (must not be default template style)
Assigning templates to a certain page is done in the Menu Assignment tab of the template in question. There you can assign the template to the menu's you want.
This makes for very versatile templating. You can, for instance, make a copy of your style, change the colors, and assign it to different pages.